“One should eat to live, not live to eat”
Moliere, French Playwright (1622-1673)
“You are what you eat”!! I can remember this saying from my earliest childhood. At which time I would say, “how ridiculous, I’m not a carrot!” It was only as I started to learn about natural health, that I came to truly understand what that common saying actually means? In real terms, it means the quality of the food you ingest directly determines the quality of the blood your body makes.
“The blood is absolutely dependent upon the food supply for its character and composition.” Hereward Carrington- ‘Vitality, Fasting and Nutrition’
There is also no escaping the fact that the quality of your blood directly determines the health and functioning of every cell, tissue, organ and system in your body, from the functioning of your brain and your cardio vascular system, all the way down to the growth of your big toe nail and everything in between! Contrary to a common belief of some in the natural health movement of today, food is NOT medicine, but it is a major factor on what sets us on a path to either health or disease.
Today fad diets are as commonplace as they have ever been…probably more so. This is the area of natural health that gets the most press and also creates the most confusion. Did you know that every living animal has a specific diet that is appropriate to its structure and physiology? Also, if each particular animal keeps largely to its natural diet, it will be free of the vast majority of diseases currently so prevalent in the human species. This law of nature of course applies equally to the human organism. We are not the exception to this rule! So what diet is recommended for the health and happiness of the human organism? That would be the Human Diet of course! This diet is based upon the anatomical and physiological structure of the human organism. The natural human diet is a plant-based diet. You only need to open the newspaper for the latest findings of the latest study that yet again has discovered that a diet high in plant-based foods is your best hope of avoiding the myriad of chronic diseases currently afflicting the human population.
Top 5 Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet
- Prevents Chronic Disease- all chronic disease conditions implicate diet as being a major causative factor, this includes everything from diabetes to cancer. The International Diabetes Federation cites 387 million now living with diabetes and expects this number to skyrocket to nearly 600 million by 2035. Type 2 Diabetes is entirely preventable and all research points to a plant-based diet as being the key to avoiding this debilitating and ultimately deadly condition.
- Improves Mental Health- mental disease is now at its highest level ever and innumerable studies are pointing to plant-based diets in providing major improvements in mental functioning.
- Weight Loss- people on plant-based diets generally consume fewer calories and are more easily able to maintain their correct body weight.
- Digestive Health- plant-based diets provide much higher volumes of fibre in the diet. Cellulose, the fibre found in plant skins and walls, is precisely the type of fibre needed by the human body to ensure healthy digestion and prevent constipation.
- Improved Longevity- countless studies evidence the increased life spans of those following plant-based diets.
Eat locally and in season, that way you will be sure to increase the content of living food in your diet. To ensure optimum digestion, focus on chewing your food thoroughly before swallowing
Living food makes a living body and dead food…well you can work that one out! To quote Hippocrates, the father of western medicine, “All disease begins in the gut”. So are you happy to continue to supply your body with substandard nutrition? Or do you want to start furnishing your body with the best possible quality of food, in the correct amounts, so that your body can reach its optimum health level? ‘Structure Governs Function’, one of the scientific laws that govern all living things on this planet…without exception! Putting this into practice means, the structure of the digestive system of the human organism determines the diet that is most favourable to health for the human organism…no escaping the biological facts! When you work with me you will learn about the structure and the function of your digestive system and what foods will guarantee you health and longevity. You will learn what to eat, how to eat, how much to eat and when to eat it. In a very short time your body will no longer crave those foods that are making you sick and sticking to a diet that provides health and vitality will be easy…because you will be on the diet that is NATURAL to the human body.