SKIN CARE and SUN
“Sun, sun, sun…here it comes”
“Good day sunshine”
Two songs that express so aptly the effect of the sun on the psyche of the human being! This is because the sun’s rays have a strong (positive) affect on the skin, nervous and reproductive systems of the body. There is no denying that we are children of the sun. Yet we live in a time where our undeniable connection to the life-giving rays of the sun, has been undermined by an over-zealous campaign by government authorities (in most countries) frightening us into the false belief that the sun is now a killer. FACT: ALL living things on earth depend on the energy of the sun for very life itself. Without the rays of the sun, everything on earth would wither and die…rapidly!! The human organism is no exception to this rule. Without the correct amount of sun, our health is greatly compromised and we cannot hope to achieve optimal health. If you are one of the multitudes wondering why you are feeling tired all the time, stop wondering if you are vitamin deficient (highly likely you’re not), more likely it’s time you consulted more with Dr. Sun! And no this is not something you can get from a jar of tablets. Our mental and physical health cannot be achieved without directly absorbing the suns radiating vitality. We’ve all learned the dangers of too much sun, but what are the dangers of not enough?
A deficiency in vitamin D (sunshine) has been identified as a causative factor in almost every major disease:
- Numerous cancers
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Multiple sclerosis
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Alzheimers disease
- Infertility and PMS…just to get us started!
Are you starting to get a picture of just how essential sunlight is to health? Let’s look at some of the most well documented benefits of sun exposure…
TOP 5 BENEFITS OF SUN EXPOSURE
- Maintains normal and robust circadian rhythms-yep that means if you are having sleep problems, a little sunlight will go a long way to correcting this problem…not to mention appetite regulation!
- Improves mental health-sunlight boosts the production of mood improving serotonin. The wide spectrum of positive effects that sunlight exposure has on brain function, are well documented. All mental health disorders benefit from sun exposure.
- Builds strong bones-sunlight increases the body’s absorption of bone strengthening calcium and phosphorus
- Lowers blood pressure-numerous studies reveal the rapid rises we have seen in the rates of heart attack and stroke amongst the general population. Sun exposure is absolutely essential in reversing these disease processes.
- Improves skin health (of course!!)-the skin is our main receptor for vitamin D absorption, all skin disorders are improved by a little sunlight.
Your skin is your main receptor for the life-giving rays of the sun. Tune into the sensory nerves in your skin, they don’t lie! Your skin will tell you when the sun is enlivening to your body and when it is time to get out of it! Make sun exposure a part of your daily routine for health. This can be as easy as going for a twenty-minute walk in the morning sun.
There is more than one way of increasing your absorption of the sun’s rays. So how can you bring the life-giving rays of the sun into your life easily and safely? We not only absorb the solar rays by exposing our skin to it, but also by the foods we eat, the water we drink and the air we breathe. I will teach you how to harness this most essential component in the matrix of health. You will quickly learn how dependent your wellbeing is upon the sun and incorporating solar intake into your daily routine will become second nature to you in no time.